SEND at Kings Road Primary School
At Kings Road Primary School, We believe quality first teaching gives every child the life chances they deserve and we work hard to provide a caring, stimulating and inclusive environment in which they can flourish.
Not all children will need extra support with their learning but the progress of all children at Kings Road is monitored closely to ensure support is provided where necessary and that early identification enables children to make the best possible progress.
Miss K Meenagh SENCO
Autism information for parents; Please visit https://www.autismgm.org.uk/parent-seminar-resources
Trafford SEND Local Offer information
The SEND Link NewsletterSpecial Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer
For parents and carers of children and young people who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
We hope you will find this termly newsletter useful and informative. Please share with your families.
This edition includes:
SEND – useful information
If you would like advice from professionals outside school you may find the following numbers and websites useful:
.Trafford Local Offer
·Trafford SEND Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
Trafford SEND Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) | Trafford Directory
.Trafford Family Information Service (FIS)https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/home.page
· Statutory Assessment Service – 0161 245 7439 https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/service.page?id=kuexad21k10
· Trafford Admissions - https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/schools/school-admissions/admissions.aspx
· Trafford School Nursing Team - 0161 912 3395 https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/service.page?id=zJqacT3foOw
· The British Dyslexia Association – 0333 405 4555 - https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk
· The Dyspraxia Foundation – 01462 454986 -
· Headway: The Brain Injury Association – 0115 924 0800 -
· Sale and Altrincham Mencap – 0161 828 5678
· Trafford Speech and Language Therapy Service – 0161 912 2592 https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/service.page?id=A8OHxn1s_QE
· Trafford Sensory Impairment Support Service (TSISS) – 0161 912 5526 https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/service.page?id=6oWQvIJRXSU
· Together Trust - Sleep Tight Trafford (sleep problems) – 0161 283 4848 https://www.togethertrust.org.uk/family-support/sleep-tight-trafford
Social stories are an evidence-based intervention for individuals with autism or social communication difficulties, no matter what their age. Research shows that social stories really do make a difference to explaining why things happen by using visuals (pictures) and words to support the person in knowing what it going to happen and what to expect with something that they find tricky. These need to be shared with your child / young person multiple times for the message to be embedded for them.
The site is American, so there will be reference to things which are not appropriate for life in the UK. It is worth checking the site regularly as more social stories will be added over time.
· Autistic Society Greater Manchester (ASGMA) – 0161 866 8483 https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/service.page?id=s7CtsWzFyNg
· National Autistic Society, Trafford – 01254 888 535 https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/service.page?id=XyU6oVZ33AQ ·
Autism Education Trust - https://www.autismeducationtrust.org.uk/
Living with ADHD – https://www.livingwithadhd.co.uk
Understanding ADHD - https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/conditions/adhd-and-mental-health/
· National Down’s Syndrome Society – 01278 429 089 https://www.brainwave.org.uk/downs-syndrome?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj6OAlt3H4QIVYbftCh1M9gL5EAAYASAAEgICf_D_BwE
· South Manchester Down’s Syndrome Support Group – 07593 542 107 https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/service.page?id=0SrsSWYLHPQ
· National Blind Children’s Society – 0300 303 7000 https://www.childrenssociety.org.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5fOzstzH4QIVqLftCh1pBAzkEAAYASAAEgKdVvD_BwE ·
National Deaf Children’s Society – 0808 800 8880 -
The Sickle Cell Society